Thursday, January 29, 2009

I think i spoil my kids a tad too much that calling my name is now a mantra. Teacher Sha i want to make a book, Teacher Sha i don't know how to cut, Teacher Sha this, Teacher Sha that. I've catered to their whims and whines for a year and my nurseries are now preschoolers. The best sense of satisfaction a teacher can ever get. Still vivid in my mind the day we had gym class and i taught them how to do a pirouette(cause thats the only ballet step i knew HAHA) and we had so much fun just twirling and pretending we were all nutcrackers =] And today for the first time, there was a commotion about skin colour, "being black or white". I was onlooking their free play time when M was not allowed to play w the rest 'cause he's apparently black and they'r apparently white. I went over, sat down and asked, "If M's black, what colour am i?" Their response: "Oh no you'r black too" I said: "I'm not black, this is black(pointing to a black cupboard)" And then they started naming everyth in the classroom that was black in colour. I felt they finally comprehend the message i was sending across and they said: "Ok M, you want to play w us? We have to share ok? And sorry for calling you names" And i've never felt happier having to abolish the "black vs white" issue within them. (huge smile) Two more sessions and i'm gonna miss my lil dillies. No more purple dinosaur.
I've been really really really happy these few days despite the everest-high assignments. But me missing A LOT of people.
Oh yeah, Soccer has been awesome blossom! =]
Okye, byebyebye.
P/s: "Ken leeeeeeee. Tulibu dibu douchooooo. Ken leeeeeee. Ken leeeeee meju more" & "Aik ikam som taim"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.


