Friday, June 27, 2008
I plagiarised this whole entry from Asheem's blog. HAHA, not as if he minds. Well i hope so. :D Thanks babe!{ OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!
I'm so proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TK CHOIR went for the Grand Prix St Petersburg 2008 in Russia during the June Hols and damn did they make us proud and prove us, the seniors wrong.
Tanjong Katong Secondary School:
Category: D2 Youth Choirs up to 19 Years Old (SATB)
Score: 100/100
Category Winner + Gold Award
(DID YOU SEE THAT! FULL MARKS!)
Category: K2 Folklore a cappella for youth and adult choirs
Score: 96/100
Category Winner + Gold Award
Yver Vous n'estes qu'un villian
F*ck yeah!!!
Meplalian
This i HIGHLY recommend you to watch.
It's always been one of my favourite songs to sing with the choir.
This song is so creepy and all that the choir just gets so hyped up that we start
going crazy, especially at the end. "JA JAH JAH JAH" part.
Oh Am Gee, they even incorporated creepy actions to some part of the song.Hahaha.
Woooooooots.
Basses are not that audible, i blame it on the video recording.My tenors are awesome.=]
Tenors are WHATEVER, Altos are THE BEST:P
Bin Nam Ma
This i seriously seriously seriously recommend.
You won't be disappointed i promise you.
Our SYF piece yesterday for which we got Best Secondary School Choir k.
Yeah, so watch it!
If i remember correctly, this piece is about heavy floods about to
envelop a Venezuelan village.
I think it was composed after something like this happened to
Venezuela or something like that.
Check out all the body actions and all.
Watch out for the rain effect.Nicely done.=]]]]
Definitely, one of my favourite performance pieces.
I swear if you were to watch this song live, you'll get goosebumps for sure.
I'll bet my hair with you on that.
Hurhur.I'm serious....about the goosebumps part.
Agree 100%!
Ave Verum Corpus
Wow.
I've never heard them this good before.
Spot on.
I can't help but sing along.
MAJOR goosebumps.
I still rmb me screwing up this song for SYF auditions in Sec 1. HAHA.
Kerraban Sape
Nice one nice one.
Great stomping.Hahaha.
Right on spot.
Yuki Nohi
My first time hearing this song.
Not bad, i prefer the older ones.
But quite good, quite on pitch.
*
I seriously recommend you to watch all.
Oh at least Bin Nam Ma, Ave Verum Corpus and Meplalian.
Shit i want MP3 versions of all these songs.
Wah, i'm so proud of them sia.
Full freakin' marks.
And there we the seniors were last year worrying about the standard possibly dropping.
I've never been happier to be proved wrong.
For last year's SYF, we got second overall, unofficially based on the marks we got, in Singapore only losing out to VJC.
Truth be told, TK Choir beats TJ Choir flat out.
Seriously and i really mean flat out.
Damn!!!
I miss singing with the choir.
The great thing about TK Choir is that, we don't necessarily have any really outstanding singers unlike other schools like VS and all, but when we sing together, i dare say, we sound better than most or all of them.
That's what you call a Choir. }
My comments are in BLUE (: though he said it all for me. Hah.


